Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm A Literary Luminary!

Just when I think this whole thing is over, something amazing happens.

Last night I received a phone call asking me to represent Lake Highlands High School, my alma mater, at a banquet in April, honoring teachers, etc. in the Richardson ISD.  The theme is Literary Luminaries, and there will be a published author from each of the four high schools.

They will have books for sale and signing, which is cool, plus fund raising, auction, etc. to raise funds for the schools. The sponsoring group is Excellence in Education.

I am so honored and just a little intimidated. What if the author from Berkner High School turns out to be Nora Roberts or Stephen King or someone incredible.  Or, I could be lucky and the guy sitting next to me wrote the definitive tome on the lives of bees or something. 

No matter, the truth is, IT'S AN HONOR JUST TO BE INVITED.

No comments: