Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Galleys Are Here! The Galleys Are Here!

I'm shouting because the galleys for A Different Drum arrived in my inbox the other day. The galleys are the PDF version of the book as it will actually appear in print. It's my job to proofread the galleys and send a list of corrections to my editor. So I commenced reading the entire book (again!) It never ceases to amaze me that after so many readings and so many eyes on this thing, there are still mistakes! Plus therre were some formatting errors made when the galleys were done (like bold instead of italic). But all in all, not much to worry about. The Wild Rose Press has done a great job with making the book beautiful.

I have to say, there is something pretty heady about seeing your words in print, your name in print, your dedication, etc. all there. Very cool.

No comments: