Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's Been So Long, But I'm Still Here

Since I last posted in June, I have been busy opening a storefront for our family business LH Media Center. It's off theground and running now and I'm taking a little breather to get caught up with writing news.   One of the perks of owning your own store is being able to put books out on the counter to sell!  

But the big news is that my trailer for A Hot Time in Texas got a great review from Kris Tualla of 1st Turning Point Reviews in August.  Here's what she had to say about the trailer:

Kris’s Comments:
Good things: This video has nice music, engaging narration and appropriate photos. At 67 seconds long, it’s succinct and to the point. The minimal use of text is just enough to keep the viewer engaged, but not so much that it interferes with the narration. It’s classy and easy to watch.

I only have one question—while the lighthearted tone matches the “summer sizzler” description, I did want a little indication of exactly HOW Twink was ruining Ethan’s plans; was it only attraction? Or is there something deeper in their conflict? The “pull” was missing.

Teaching moment: This video is a perfect example of how less is more. With the addition of the one sentence I wished was there, we are still looking at 75 seconds, max. I watched the whole thing several times and never once wished it would get to the point! Well done!   Link to 1st Turning Point Review

Nice to know the book still has legs after a year!
And anyway, I love the trailer, too!  Wanna see it?  Here's the YouTube link and while you're there you can see the one for A Different Drum.    Link to the trailer

I'll try to do a better job of keeping up.  Promise!

No comments: