Tuesday, March 2, 2010

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY

Here's the ugly part.  I almost sold out and abandoned the reason I started this blog in the first place:  to chronicle the book writing and publishing business.  But I've realized that I need to stay true to my purpose, even if this is just a journal to myself.   So it's back to business.

AND HERE'S THE BAD PART:  The Fastest Rejection on Record!

I sent an email query to The Nelson Agency and got an email response THE SAME DAY!  Nothing good comes that quickly, so of course it was bad news.  "Just not right for their list."   I would give a lot to know something a tad more specific.   At least I didn't have a lot of time to build my hopes up.

Yeah, I can always find a silver lining.

AND NOW FOR THE GOOD PART:

Seriously Reviewed, a website that "seriously reviews" romance novels has put my book trailer for A Different Drum on their front page as a Best of Romance Trailers.  Here's the link:  http://www.seriouslyreviewed.com/

This business is a lot of work.  My publisher sent the link for this and I responded by sending in the info to the Serious Reviewed site.  So,  they didn't just pick my video off YouTube.   No, I had to be proactive, which is what has happened all along.   I guess I'll just keep on keeping on.

No comments: